Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year's Eve

Monday to Wednesday (Dec 29-31) was business as usual.  AM rounding with your patients, then clinic duties through the afternoon.  I did have a very interesting set of cases -  a couple rheumatic heart disease follow-ups and I also diagnosed a kid with post-strep glomerulonephritis and started her on antihypertensives.  There was a consult from the ED for a kid with ? rheumatic heart disease.  He ended up having a new heart block on EKG, very subtle. Dr. Marrone gave me a few good pointers on interpreting EKGs in kids.

On New Years Eve, Tangra was on call.  Matt and the kids came over to my apartment to hang out for a couple of hours.  We had planned to go either to church or over to a neighbor's home for a bonfire, but by the time 11pm came around, we were all too sleepy.

I had called Carlyn earlier that night to celebrate the Minnesota New Year, so I didn't feel too bad about calling it a night and going to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment