Monday, December 15, 2014

Aloha from Honolulu

Finally arrived in Hawaii last night around 11:30pm Hawaiian time. The flight into the island was fairly bumpy, but the pilot gave us warning of this prior to takeoff.

I spent the night at the Ala Moana hotel, which is about 15 min from the airport. The rooms are very basic, but clean. Had an extremely overpriced breakfast buffet at the hotel's Plantation cafe consisting of coffee, fresh fruits, eggs, bacon, and waffles with coconut syrup. $17.50. I figured the buffet would allow me to stock up on calories until my flight this afternoon.

My first though about Hawaii is that it is absolutely beautiful. It is in the mid 70's and sunny. I have my hotel window open and the view, while not oceanfront, is amazing  (see picture).

At the moment, I am finishing up some overdue charting from last week before I leave for Samoa (and less reliable internet).  I was sick last week with that horrible cough that has been going around, and then worked 27+ hours in clinic and the hospital on Friday  (thank you guest call!).

This being said, I can't complain. I am, after all, in paradise...

No comments:

Post a Comment